Google Drive and SharePoint are the two main and popular cloud services on the market. The former one offers users 15GB of free storage space to store different kinds of files, such as photos, screenshots, videos, documents, etc. And the latter one gives companies an opportunity to work with their employees in a hassle-free way. Anyway, Google Drive is more like a cloud storage service while SharePoint is more like a content management service.
Why Sync Google Drive and SharePoint?
Based on the differences between Google Drive and SharePoint, many users need to sync data between each other to make better data management. So, on top of what was mentioned in the first part, what are the differences between Google Drive and SharePoint? Here’re some details:
- Microsoft ecosystem. SharePoint has the capability for simultaneous editing with Microsoft Word. Whereas Google Drive provides users with Google Docs (theequivalent of Microsoft Word).
- Lists and Workflows Supported.SharePoint makes it easier to create lists and workflows and these works can be triggered in a hassle-free way. Whereas users can only use the “Share” feature of Google Drive to work with teammates.
- Personal Storage Management. Google Drive is a personal cloud storage service, so it’s easier to manage personal study/work materials. While SharePoint is a relatively public platform for teams and groups to collaborate on files easily.
Then, how to sync Google Drive and SharePoint? Traditionally, most users will download files from Google Drive first, and then upload what they have downloaded to SharePoint.This solution isfeasible but cumbersome and time-consuming. In this article, you will learn an efficient way to sync data between them.
How to Sync Google Drive and SharePoint Easily
It’s much easier to sync files between Google Drive and SharePoint via MultCloud, a professional and excellent cloud sync service. It enables users to add multiple cloud services and manage them in only one platform. Currently, MultCloud supports over 30 popular personal and business cloud services, such as Google Drive, Google Workspace, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Dropbox, Dropbox Business, Flickr, MEGA, Amazon S3, SharePoint, etc.
After adding the cloud drives you use to MultCloud, you can manage data on them efficiently without heading to different platforms frequently. Meanwhile, when syncing files between Google Drive and SharePoint, MultCloud offers many conveniences and benefits, for instance:
- Hassle-Free Syncing Process. By using MultCloud, you can quickly accomplish the sync tasks without going through a troublesome download-and-upload process. Instead, it offers a leading syncing speed to help you sync data across clouds fast.
- Scheduled Sync across Clouds. MultCloud enables you to make auto-sync tasks based on your requirements. For example, you can set up tasks to sync at a specific time, daily, weekly, and monthly.
- 9 Smart and Useful Sync Modes. There are 9 useful syncing models for you to select when facing different situations, such as Mirror Sync, Move Sync, Cumulative Sync, Real-Time Sync, and more.
Now, you can refer to the step-by-step operations below to learn the best way to sync Google Drive and SharePoint with MultCloud:
Step 1: Sign up for a MultCloud account first if you don’t have an account. Or, you can sign in directly with your Facebook account or Google account.
Step 2: Then add Google Drive and SharePoint by clicking on their icons respectively after going to Add Cloud.
Step 3: Now, tap the Cloud Sync button on the left upper taskbar. And then chose Google Drive as the source directory and SharePoint as the target directory. At last, you can start the sync task by clicking on Sync Now.
After performing the 3 steps above, data can be synced successfully between Google Drive and SharePoint. Similarly, when you plan to sync Google Photos to Google Drive, you are able to follow the same operations mentioned above.
This is how to sync Google Drive and SharePoint quickly and seamlessly. Now, you can try this method to see whether it works or not. In addition to syncing data between cloud drives, MultCloud is also a smart cloud-to-cloud backup service. So, if you are wondering how to back up data from one cloud to another, MultCloud can also help you accomplish the goal easily.