Working healthier of any email client would depend upon multiple factors; one of them is the good condition of the database files. If we talk about email clients, MS Outlook first comes to mind. As all files are prone to corruption, Outlook database files, i.e., PST, are not an exception. Corrupted PST files restrict Outlook users from accessing its data and also cause problems on the working of Outlook.
However, there are different ways through which the user can remove the corruption from the PST file. This blog will go into some methods to repair Outlook PST files irrespective of the Outlook version.
Common Instance When Outlook PST Becomes Inaccessible
There are lots of reasons behind the corruption in the PST file; however, we will go into some common situations in this write-up:
- Different Outlook version has a predefined storage limit for the PST file. If that is exceeded, then PST creates a problem or sometimes becomes corrupted.
- While working in Outlook, if the email client suddenly gets closed for any reason, then the changes of PST corruption increase.
- An intrusion or an attack of a virus on the user system where Outlook has been installed is another reason for a damaged PST file.
- A bad sector present on the user’s the hard drive or when the hard drive crashes will damage the PST file header or even corrupt the PST file completely.
We have listed some scenarios where the PST file becomes corrupted. However, a user doesn’t need to worry as there are solutions to repair Outlook PST files of any version. Microsoft offers a free utility known as Scanpst.exe, which is responsible for clearing corruption from PST files. In the below section of this write-up, we have explained the manual repair solution as well as the one reliable third-party utility.
Methods to Remove Corruption from Outlook PST file
We have given you a brief about the Scanpst.exe utility using which users can make their PST in their original state. This utility can only remove minor level corruption from PST and cannot deal with large-sized PST. However, the user does not need to pay to use this utility, but it is not alone sufficient to deal with the severely corrupted PST file.
Many users would question whether there is any ideal solution to repair Outlook PST files without any limitations. The answer to this is very simple; there are third-party software’s like the Shoviv Outlook PST repair tool, which has the required capabilities to deal with the highly corrupted PSTs. This software has many advanced user-centric features; making repairing the PST files easier.
Listed below are some of its features:
- Users can add multiple corrupted PST files, and at the same time, they can remove corruption from them.
- The software comes with an intuitive user interface, making it simpler for non-technical users to use.
- The incremental export option is this utility’s core functionality, which helps to resume the halted repair process and eliminates the duplicity.
- Using the utility users can also recover the permanently deleted PST file items hassle-free.
- It also allows saving the recovered PST file items into several formats, such as EML, MSG, etc.
- After recovering PST items, users can take a preview of them with the help of the tool preview pane.
- This repair tool also has the folder mapping option through which users can move any selective item from one folder into another.
Corruption of any file is a problematic situation, and Outlook is not an exception to this. Outlook stores all data in the PST file format, and whenever those files are hit with corruption, and then it becomes essential to repair them at the earliest.
This blog has explained to you specific scenarios when the PST becomes inaccessible. We have also introduced the solution to repair Outlook PST files, including the free utility and third-party software.