PST files are a vital asset for any Outlook user as it stores their complete data. There is a reason which is why many users look to import PST to Office 365; one is migration. Users always keep changing the technological platform due to the search for better and more advanced features, and if you are on the same line, this write-up will definitely help you a lot.
We will focus on explaining the different situations which led to the move into Office 365 from Outlook. After that, we will also discuss the solution to move Outlook PST.
Know the Reasons to import PST files into Office 365
- There is a restriction on the size of the PST files. Different Outlook has predefined size limits. If they cross it, there is a chance of even corruption to them.
- PST files are prone to corruption due to incident like virus attacks on user systems and many more. To make the user data more secure, many look for migration into a cloud-based platform.
- User who wants to create a backup of their data also looks to import their PST files into O365.
- Office 365 is much more than a typical SaaS; it comes with many inbuilt applications like Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Yammer, etc.
- Increase in the storage capacity for Outlook in Microsoft Office 365.
- Through Office 365, users can work from any part of the world on any device, even at any point in time.
The reasons mentioned above are some situations that urge users to look for migration. After studying them, let’s check out how to import PST to Office 365. Some user tries the manual migration themselves without knowing the consequence of a single mistake in the migration. However, we don’t suggest utilizing the manual method if you don’t have the required technical skills.
On the other hand, some tools help to perform the task with perfection. We’ll discuss one such professional third-party software comes with many user-oriented features to make the import task smoother.
Professional way to Transfer PST files into Office 365
Users always remain confused about whether to opt for manual methods or use third-party tools. However, many users face difficulties while handling manual migration. Alternatively, a utility like Shoviv PST to Office 365 migration tool eases the process to import PST to Office 365 because of its convenient GUI. This software includes many advanced functionalities, reducing the time to import data from the PST files to the user’s Office 365 account.
The tool has multiple set of features which includes:
- The capability to import a large number of PST files without any size limitation.
- It has a filter option that helps users import particular items from the PST files into Office 365.
- Its most promising benefits are its incremental export option, which restricts the need to restart the halted process.
- Users can also take a preview of all added data under its preview pane.
- It also gives out an option to save the PST file into many different file formats, such as EML, HTML, vCard, MSG, and many more.
Users can also use its free trial version to check its operational capabilities. The trial version allows processing the first 50 items/folder from the PST file.
It is advisable to take help from an It expert if wanted to utilize the manual migration method. Users can also check the other options, like the third-party software, to import PST to Office 365 safely. However, the end decision will depend upon the requirements of the user to select the import method.